Volunteering & Achievement
Students here at Brentford have many opportunities to get involved with volunteering. As well as the School Leadership/Voice opportunities which include Year Council Rep, Sports Leader and House Captain vacancies amongst others, there are events throughout the year including the annual Christmas and summer fayres, that all students are encouraged to help out and get involved with. Students are encouraged to log their hours on the school’s dedicated vInspired portal. The vInspired Schools portal provides students with a useful tracking tool to capture their volunteering hours and activity. Students can create a profile which will enable them to log volunteering hours towards the v awards (recognised by UCAS), search for new opportunities and create a volunteering CV.
The school can also add it’s own volunteering opportunities to promote to students.
House Captains lead students within their particular House, ensuring high levels of participation for all
Their main responsibilities are:
• To work with other House Captains and House coordinator to help organise House events. For example inter-house competitions and charity and fund raising events.
• To encourage all students within their House to participate in the full life of the school.
• To attend all House assemblies and participate when required.
• To act as a role model for other students.
• To motivate students to participate in and fully support the House System.
• To maintain the House Notice Board.
• To contribute to the House section on the website.
• To co-write / coordinate the writing of articles for the Highlights magazine each term, informing the school of progress and events completed.
Our House Captains are:
• A positive role model and ambassador for the school.
• Enthusiastic and committed to the House System at BSfG.
• Friendly and positive with all students, particularly within their House.
• Proud to be part of the team of House Captains who work together to achieve success .
• Work to deadlines.